Remind 101 is a free app and website that lets professors text
It is available now.
A trend among students is to communicate via text message. It's
much faster than e-mail and easier for students without smart
ITS has been approached by multiple professors and
administrators to determine how to take advantage of this
effective communication channel.
This service was selected due to its safety and functionality.
Teachers never see their students’ phone numbers. Students
never see theirs.
Remind101 is a oneway broadcast system. Teachers cannot
send individual messages to students, and students
Remind101 also keeps a log of all message history, which
can never be edited or deleted.
1. Download the app or go to www.remind101.com
2. Sign up with your Warner e-mail address and mobile
3. Create your first class and subscribe to it yourself.
4. Post information for your students or e-mail them with info
to subscribe to that class for text-message updates.
5. With the app or from the website, send text messages as
needed or schedule them to be sent ahead of time.
As you get comfortable with the service, feel free to add up to
At the end of your semester, you can delete the classes in your
system and start fresh.
I have included some short videos on how to set up the service
using the iPhone app.